1. bringing the garden inside. 2. listening to fleetwood mac. 3. wishing these cement planters were mine. 4. refinishing furniture (before and afters soon). 5. adoring this little kitty kitty tote. 6. hanging terrariums (let’s hope these little guys live). 7. reading the awakening.
just a few bedroom snaps.
i LOVE these owl measuring cups my bestie anne got for me. thanks, anne!
this weekend sf decided to have a sunny disposition. even though i was hoping for rain it’s always nice to have warm and sunny days in the city. despite the warm weather i still wanted to make some veggie stew and that i did! our friends amy and rachel came over to join us. so we all enjoyed dinner together while listening to black heart procession and fleetwood mac records. it was really nice and relaxing. the stew was delicious which made me quite happy! i also whipped up some virgin watermelon mint mojitos and they were super refreshing.
here’s the recipe for the stew:
2 containers of imagine organic vegetarian broth
2 leek stalks
lots of carrots (7-9 depending on the size)
lots of red and white skin potatoes (6-8)
1 bunch of kale
1 bunch of chard
1 cup of green beans
2 cups of fresh corn
salt, pepper, and thyme to taste
the stew was hearty and healthy. success! :D
cream puff and the scratch post she never uses (she prefers the chair).
blouse: madewell (extra 25% off sale price!)
denim: gap 1969 always skinny
necklace: gifted from/designed by chime
wedges: born concept (want these!)
good morning! these photos were snapped friday afternoon right before i was about to head out for a laid back evening of sushi and drinks. i really wanted to have our kitties in the photos. let’s just say there weren’t many photos to choose from because bowie bathed pretty much the entire time (she’s so cute!) and she wasn’t exactly feeling it. cream puff
hates really dislikes being held, although in the last photo she made it appear for a split second as if it didn’t bother her too much. after that split second she poked a little hole in my new shirt. gosh darn kitties! i love them no matter what shirts they poke holes in or how many pieces of furniture they destroy (not that it thrills me). i have to admit i’m jealous that i’m off to work and they get to nap all day… lucky girls!
i’ve been quite the homebody lately. i’ve just been staying in reading, watching movies, figuring out how to cook, and organizing the apartment. i suppose this is all really quite therapeutic. anyway, here are some of the details from around our humble lil’ apartment.
1. fresh flowers: i really love getting fresh flowers and placing them in small vases throughout the apartment. i think that they add color to the space and make the apartment feel more lively. honestly, i don’t even care if they’re filler flowers. i just love the colors and the softness of the petals. and for five bucks at whole foods or trader joes, they can transform a room affordably. it’s all about the little things.
also, it was when i was buying these flowers that i was sent this wonderful surprise from my amazing friend amy!
2. cats: our cats make me feel calm and relaxed. they just lay around all day without a care in the world and when i get home from a stressful day they put a smile on my face and help me relax. i love my lil’ fluff balls.
3. cocktails: as i have mentioned before, i’m a vodka girl! however, this recipe from bon appetit allows for vodka, whiskey, or gin. although the one pictured is made with ketel one, i made one with whiskey for brain and it was super yummy. it’s comprised of muddled mint, lemons, liquor of choice, and simple syrup (i used agave nectar). these cocktails are a labor of love but delicious!
4. snacks: when i went down to visit my friends chime and zuhair, they prepared the best snacks and meals. not only did everything taste amazing, but it was all aesthetically pleasing as well. i was inspired to make some snacks from the things i tried while staying with them. as i previously mentioned before- i fell in love with the goat cheese stuffed dates. they are great because they can really work as a appetizer or dessert. mmm, good!
5. kombucha: i’m totally obsessed with kombucha. this stuff can really break the bank especially when drinking them daily. so brian is soliciting the help of a friend to teach us how to make our own at home. we shall see how that goes. until that happens we will keep buying them by the case! i love em’, love ‘em, love ‘em!
6. cooking: i’ve decided to try my hand at cooking. saturday night i made dill salmon coupled with quinoa, kale, parsnips and carrots. it was good and healthy. i can’t wait to try some new recipes and hopefully i’m successful in making them. i tend to get a little upset when i ruin recipes. :( my goal is to keep trying even when i fail.
7.organization: i’m on mission organization in our apartment. i’ve really been trying to edit my closet and other random non-necessities in our apartment. the last photo is of the top our microwave which we use as a storage space for cookbooks, measuring cups, and produce. i like that we saved some much needed counter space! we need to save all the space we can.